Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA, Journalist, Founder Healthin30.com, Media Broadcaster
In fact, women can have completely different symptoms including increased shortness of breath with customary activities and feelings of nausea, says Dr. Martin. Below, are symptoms of a heart attack that women can experience.
Know the symptoms of a heart attack in women:
But, there is one thing in life that should never, ever be ignored, and that is your body. Your beautiful, precious, body that fuels your passions, hopes and dreams.
Being mindful of your body, paying attention to what your body is telling you, and loving your body can be helpful to protect you from heart disease. There are steps you can take to help prevent you from heart disease, but it’s your choice. No one can force you.
Heart disease is the number one killer of women, not breast cancer. That fact may be surprising to many people given all of the media attention and prevention efforts surrounding breast cancer. So let me say it again … “Heart disease is the number one killer of women!”
* Chest pain or pressure or discomfort
* Increased shortness of breath with customary activities
* Unusual extreme fatigue*
* Significant indigestion especially with exertion
* Feelings of nausea/vomiting
* Pain or pressure in the back or high chest, between shoulder blades
* Pain or discomfort (pressure) in one or both arms, neck, jaw, back, shoulder or stomach
It’s important that you don’t ignore the symptoms, seek treatment immediately